Town Centre visitors are in for a treat as Ashford welcomes back The Snowman™ and the Snowdog to this year’s Festive Family Fun Day on Saturday 17 November.
Suggested by local traders, the Festive Family Fun Day incorporates and supports local shops and businesses by bringing in residents and visitors for a full day of festive fun. Everyone can enjoy the wide range of activities on offer, browse the shops and kick-start their Christmas shopping before watching the town gleam as the night draws in and the Christmas lights sparkle.
More information about the Festive Family Fun Day will be revealed in the coming weeks, so make sure you keep an eye out on all the latest news via Loveashford.com and our social media channels. But for now, here’s a teaser of what’s in store:
– Families can visit The Snowman™ and the Snowdog as they make personal appearances in County Square shopping centre at intervals between 10.30am and 4pm. Make sure you bring a camera as photo opportunities will be available
– Father Christmas is coming to town – Park Mall to be exact! Watch the magical parade and then visit Father Christmas in his grotto between 3pm and 5pm
– And why not visit Father Christmas’ reindeer? Located on the lower High Street between 11am and 3pm, they’ll be chomping carrots after their flight from the North Pole but would love to meet everyone!
– There will also be live music on the bandstand throughout the day to add to the festive atmosphere
– Starting 17 November, the festive lights will be on from midday to midnight in the run up to Christmas
And don’t forget, you can grab plenty of great gift ideas from all your favourite stores across the town centre; visit Loveashford.com to find out more.
Cllr Graham Galpin, portfolio holder for the town centre, said: “Town centre businesses were keen for us to offer something special to visitors in the run up to Christmas and we feel that the Festive Family Fun Day is just that.
“With so much on offer throughout the day, and the welcome return of The Snowman™ and the Snowdog just in time for the final weekend of the Snowdogs Discover Ashford 2018 art trail, it’s going to be a fun day to remember.”
The event, organised by Ashford Borough Council, is supported by Park Mall shopping centre, County Square shopping centre, Kent Messenger Group and Ashford Town Centre businesses.